Pi Day: Survey reveals use cases
- One third of respondents confirmed that they are using Raspberry Pi for personal projects and more than one third of the engineers are using the Raspberry Pi for proof of concept and prototyping. Other uses include Test rigs/testing systems and production.
- 34% of makers are using Raspberry Pi exclusively in their personal projects.
- Makers said that the main reason they use Raspberry Pi is because of its price, closely followed by the performance and familiarity with the product. Professional engineers care about ease of use more than any other factor when deciding to use the Raspberry Pi.
- Makers declared the Pi camera and touchscreen their favourite accessories.
- Professional engineers are primarily using the Raspberry Pi for Internet of Things applications closely followed by Industrial Automation & Control. Other notable applications include robotics, display and consumer applications.
In celebration of Pi Day, on 14th March, Farnell is also offering a 10% discount on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ & Starter kit from 00:00 on 14th March until 23:59 on 31stMarch.